The Olympic Walk
The northern section of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park has now opened to the public.
Our Olympic walks go inside the park where visitors will witness one of the largest urban regeneration projects ever undertaken, as the home of the 2012 Olympics is transformed to take its place in London's history as a new district born from the great Olympic games of 2012. You will hear the story of the "best ever" games and learn about the all-important legacy of the London Olympic Games.
The walk leaves Thursdays and Saturdays from PUDDING MILL LANE STATION on the DLR – Docklands Light Railway – and finishes at the Timber Lodge cafe in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Our guide can direct you from here to the nearest public transport connections.
- Witness the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park being transformed into legacy mode
- Walk along the edge of Hackney Wick, London's coolest new village, home to the largest concentration of artists' studios in Europe and the new iCity.
- View the Copper Box, which hosted Handball, Modern Pentathlon Fencing and Paralympic Goalball, an architectural wonder and major new venue for premiership basketball, boxing matches and many other sporting events.
- Watch the Olympic venues being converted to make them suitable for long-term use. The Aquatics and the Velopark will open in 2014.
- The Parklands feature a public garden suitable for picnics
- Hear the story from professionals, many of whom have worked on the site for several years, who can offer intimate and personal knowledge of the project
- DURATION: 2 hours maximum. The route is approx. one and a half to two miles long, finishing at the Timber Lodge cafe in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The terrain is mainly flat but can be muddy and there are ruts and bumps along the way.
- GUIDES: All our guides are London Blue Badge Tourist guides – professionals who, in addition to the Blue Badge London qualification have undergone a training course for the 2012 games.
- WEATHER: The tour will run, whatever the weather.
- CANCELLATIONS: Please always check the Transport For London website (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/) to ensure that there are no engineering works in the area that may delay your journey. In the unlikely event we have to change the start venue of the walk for this or any other reason we will place an announcement on this website so please check before you start your journey.
Daily Olympic Tour
|WHEN:||11.00hrs every Thursday and Saturday.|
|WHERE:||Pudding Mill Lane Station DLR (Docklands Light Railway)|
|DURATION:||Approx. 2 hours|
|DISTANCE:||Approx. 2 miles|
|COST:||£10 Adults, £5 per child (15 and under), £8 senior or student (with valid ID card).|
|PAYMENT:||Cash ONLY – payment to the guide on the day. Please have correct change.|
|BOOKING:||Pre-booking is required online. This will guarantee you a place on the tour.|
|ACCESSIBILITY:||The walks may be diverted without prior notice and the terrain can be more difficult for wheelchair users.|
If you are organising a group larger than 15 people please let us know and we will contact you.
Please complete all fields marked *